Last week, we held our first health talk with some of the most knowledgeable movers and shakers in the juice industry. We discussed the controversial health claims which have emerged from this diet trend and here is the summary of our findings.
Inspired by Calgary Alvansino’s article written for the Sunday Times Style magazine where she makes a very positive and clear argument for clean eating, we have put together 5 of our own top tips to help you and anyone you know get on the right path to eating clean.
Alvansino immediately dismisses the argument for “life is too short to eat boring food” and quite rightly addresses what is actually the bigger bore; having no energy, a crux on sugar and caffeine, and health issues which make you feel terrible about how you look and feel. Alvansino also highlights that in the UK, nearly one in every four adults is obese and nearly 3 million people suffer from diabetes. Yes, life is too short and why make it shorter with these life-threatening health issues which can so easily be avoided by dietary changes?
Clean eating is about eating real, home-cooked food, enjoying it with friends and family, experimenting in the kitchen and fuelling your body to make it work for you. Passionate about sharing how easy, abundant, delicious, exciting and full of variety eating clean is, we have put together our top 5 tips to help kick start your clean eating diet.
1. Quality not quantity. Don’t focus on calories and how often you eat, think about the quality of the food you’re eating, it will taste better, you’ll appreciate it more and be more satisfied. Focus on buying the best quality you can afford, go for free-range or organic if possible.
2. Get back to nature. Food should look like food! It grows from the ground, a plant, on a tree or it roams around eating some grass. Avoid disguises of sugary sauces, batters, preservatives, sweeteners, E numbers and high-fat creamy sauces. The best way to do this is to head to your local market place where you don’t see ready meals and adulterated foods. Instead, you find an abundance of seasonal and local fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices and fish and meats.
3. You’re sweet enough. White refined sugars and carbohydrates drastically spike your blood sugar levels. They make you crave the wrong stuff even more because they don’t fill you up, don’t give you what your body needs and often leave you feeling low.
4. Try and cook from scratch as much as possible. It tastes fresher, cleaner and you’ll immediately cut out added salts, sugars, oils and preservatives used in a lot of processed and ready-made meals.
5. Start small. Think about making better food choices based on the above. Taking a few small steps will help start to shift your attitude towards healthy eating and make you want to embrace it more and more. We promise it will come easily and you will soon have a healthy appetite for big bowlfuls of nutrient-packed foods.
Life is too short to not feel and look healthy and amazing!
One in three Britons sit down to EXACTLY the same lunch EVERY day. A further 70% admit they are stuck in a lunch rut, with ham sandwiches emerging as the most likely midday meal we eat on repeat. DON’T SETTLE! We make eating healthy food easy, and we don’t want you to have to think about it. Eating well should be that simple. Our food will satisfy your nutritional need as well as your hunger.
If you are thinking about becoming a vegetarian or vegan it's important to know how to replace the key nutrients that meat, fish and dairy provide. This simple list should help you navigate your way through what to fill your shopping basket with.
Simply select the package that is right for you, choose your start date and duration, and look forward to your first delivery of wholesome food.
This 1,500-calorie package provides a rich source of nutrients, made up of whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and lean protein. All of our meat is free-range and our fish and seafood are sustainably sourced.
those who are looking to permanently change their lifestyles for the better. Packed full of energy and nutrients, this package is perfect for those who would like to begin or maintain a healthy diet